Let’s be honest, if you ever had the task of sourcing out and purchasing a premise-based phone system, you know just how much fun it is, right? *Sarcasm* –Not only are they expensive from a capital expenditure perspective, but they are very difficult to reconfigure or scale up or down as your business dictates. Hosted Voice over IP (VoIP) Systems are superior to premise-based phone systems in many ways –Hence the reason we often recommend them to clients. In fact, we recommend them so much that we have been accused of obsession. So, here are 7 advantages of a Hosted VoIP Phone System that we’d like to share, and maybe you’ll come around to our way of thinking:
- Hosted VoIP is Easy to Install, Configure and Maintain – IP Phones are easy to install, even for people with limited technical knowledge. Hosted VoIP software makes it easy and inexpensive to add new users, and a user-friendly web portal makes it easy to perform moves, adds and changes. There is no VoIP hardware to install.
- VoIP Scales Up or Down Easily – It’s difficult to predict how many phones you will need over a course of a year, and if you have a traditional phone system, you will need to estimate carefully to avoid spending money on phone lines you won’t need. With Hosted VoIP you can add a line as soon as you add a new employee, and when an employee leaves, you can easily reassign or remove the line.
- Phone Numbers Follow You Wherever You Go – Are you expanding your office space or moving to a new office? Hosted VoIP Phone Systems let users access a convenient web portal to reconfigure the system at any time. No more calling the phone company and waiting for them to make a change that can be done in seconds. Calls can be diverted to anywhere in the world with the help of cloud-based Hosted VoIP phone system features.
- Call Features are Supported – All the traditional phone features you would expect are available. You won’t give up any of your favorite features when moving to a Hosted VoIP Phone Solution.
- You Can Send eFaxes – Most Hosted VoIP Systems offer an efax solution. Without the need for paper or toner, you can send and receive faxes using the email account you already have.
- Hosted VoIP Integrates with Other Business Systems – Because calls are IP based, it’s easier to integrate a Hosted VoIP Phone System with business applications you use every day. You can place outbound calls through Outlook or other email clients and bring up a customer record with that customer’s inbound call. Plus, voicemail accounts are accessible through email, which is great for workers who travel.
- It Saves Your Business Money – Along with all the other benefits of a Hosted VoIP System, it also save you money! Hard to believe, right? But premise-based phone systems are expensive. Setup is intrusive and reconfiguring requires time and physical system changes. Maintenance and repairs can also get quite expensive (especially on legacy systems). However, with a Hosted VoIP Phone System, you not only save on the installation, but the calls themselves are quite inexpensive and even free in most cases.
More and more of our clients are purchasing Hosted VoIP Phone Systems for their businesses, and they are always happy they did. If you are replacing your current system or installing a new one, at the very least, you should ask for quotes for a few Hsted VoIP options from some solid providers in the marketplace.
If you’re intrigued by our obsession and would like more information on Hosted VoIP Systems, call us today at (703) 939-8240 or email us at email@example.com!