If you haven’t thought about migrating to the cloud yet, I hate to tell you that you are behind the curve. But you are! And if you haven’t already transitioned, you likely have a lot of questions –How can you migrate quickly? How can you migrate with the least amount of downtime? Can everything be migrated? Should you keep some applications on premise? Is the transition economical?
I’m sure the list goes on, and we are happy to answer ALL your questions directly. But here are the things you should consider first:
- Keep It Simple – There is no need to forklift everything to the cloud at once! Move one area of the business over and make sure the new technology is stable and effective.
- Match up your Business Goals with your Cloud Purchases – Some lines of business may require cloud applications to meet operational needs at lower costs. Other departments may desire the ability to have on-demand computing capacity and data storage. At the end of the day, company leadership should all be on the same page prioritizing the organization’s overall objectives.
- Choose your Cloud Environment – Before you start your cloud migration, you should decide whether you want to migrate to a single cloud or multi-cloud environment.
- Consider an Experienced Migration Partner – Whether you choose P2CM or another company, it is 100% advantageous for enterprises to consider an experienced third party to assess cloud readiness, migration strategies and costs.
- Put a Roll Back Plan in Place – Before you start your migration, you should put in place a plan to “undo” the transition in the event you encounter an issue. I know people don’t like to talk about the possibility of failure, but if you don’t plan for it, it will be more painful if it happens.
When planning a move to the cloud, there’s a lot to consider. This should help you get off to a good start.
Still curious about transitioning to the cloud? Call P2 Communications Management at (703) 939-8240 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.